all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: I want to contribute and chose right project for graduate thesis
@ 2017-07-22 13:33 Richard Melville
From: Richard Melville @ 2017-07-22 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 21 July 2017 at 23:17, Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> wrote:

> Tomas Nordin wrote:
>
> > cut is a program for getting selected
> > delimited fields from a file. Some people
> > over the years has requested the possibility
> > for the program to respect the order of the
> > fields specified (cut will maintain the order
> > of fields in the file).
>
> cut(1) is a small shell utility, part of the
> indispensible Unix (or GNU) tool chain. It is
> located in the coreutils package, assuming
> a Debian system or fork.

Cut is certainly one of the GNU stable of tools, and it can be chained
using the pipe command, but it's not generally known as being part of the
tool chain, like Binutils, GCC, and Glibc.  Also, cut is definitely part of
the Coreutils package without assuming anything to do with Debian.  As the
name suggests, it is part of the core utilities of the operating system.

Richard Melville
Systems Architect
cellularity.co.uk
stellarsystem.wordpress.com
+44 20 33 555 305
+44 7957 836330

* I want to contribute and chose right project for graduate thesis
@ 2017-07-21  8:46 Mario Krajačić
From: Mario Krajačić @ 2017-07-21  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I am student of IT from Croatia on finishing year for my bachelor's degree.

For the graduate thesis I would like to contribute some open source
project. For example it can be  some bug fix. Language in I work is C. My
knowledge is shown in programs on git profile: https://github.com/mkrajaci

Project which I choose will be sent to my professor - mentor who will
approve or not difficulty of project.

Please advice me about how to help you and choose right project.

* God bless You! *