all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Best strategy to disable a touchpad on a laptop when in Emacs?
@ 2021-03-31  0:40 Arthur Miller
From: Arthur Miller @ 2021-03-31  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I sometimes touch the touchpad accidentally, with a palm and caouse
cursor to jump around or trigger a pop-up. How can I tell Emacs to
ignore all touchpad events? I guess they are registering as mouse
events? I don't use mouse much in Emacs, barely at all, so I oculd live
without mouse completely.

Or can I turn it off per process in the os (windows)? I can't turn the
touchpad of in the system entirely, it is my wife's and I am just
borrowing it sometimes :).