all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Dotnet core run error on eshell
@ 2018-11-09  4:18 Edhoari Setiyoso
From: Edhoari Setiyoso @ 2018-11-09  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I'm newbie on emacs and I really love it. Wondering if anyone had the same
problem or perhaps could point me in the right direction.

I'm working on a simple dotnet core project and strangely enough it won't
run on eshell or any inferior shell but it runs just fine on regular
terminal.

I'm on Debian 9 Stretch x86-64 using emacs binary from appimage.

$ dotnet run

Unhandled Exception: System.AggregateException: One or more errors
occurred. (An exception occurred during a WebClient request.) --->
System.Net.WebException: An exception occurred during a WebClient request.
---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for
'System.Net.Http.CurlHandler' threw an exception. --->
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Http' threw
an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer
for 'HttpInitializer' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException:
Unable to load DLL 'System.Net.Http.Native': The specified module or one of
its dependencies could not be found.
 (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at Interop.Http.GetSslVersionDescription()
   at Interop.HttpInitializer..cctor()
   at Interop.Http..cctor()
   at Interop.Http.GetSupportedFeatures()
   at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler..cctor()
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult
result)
   at System.Net.WebClient.<GetWebResponseTaskAsync>d__112.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task
task)
   at
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at System.Net.WebClient.<DownloadBitsAsync>d__150.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task
task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
   at MyAsyncTest.Program.<TestDownloadAsync>d__1.MoveNext() in
/media/Collibri/MyWorkspace/Personal/ProgrammingSketch/CSharp/MyAsyncTest/Program.cs:line
36
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean
includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean
waitCompletionNotification)
   at MyAsyncTest.Program.Main(String[] args) in
/media/Collibri/MyWorkspace/Personal/ProgrammingSketch/CSharp/MyAsyncTest/Program.cs:line
27

Best Regards
--
Edhoari Setiyoso

* Re: Dotnet core run error on eshell
@ 2018-11-09  5:44 ` Yuri Khan
From: Yuri Khan @ 2018-11-09  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edhoari.s; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 11:56 AM Edhoari Setiyoso <edhoari.s@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on a simple dotnet core project and strangely enough it won't
> run on eshell or any inferior shell but it runs just fine on regular
> terminal.
>
> I'm on Debian 9 Stretch x86-64 using emacs binary from appimage.

Why not the package from your Debian distribution?

I’m not well acquainted with appimage but the idea of packaging
dependencies makes me highly suspicious because that might mean it
directs the library loader to look for libraries in a non-default
path, and that might interfere with its ability to load libraries
installed outside the appimage.

> $ dotnet run
>
> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Http' threw
> an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer
> for 'HttpInitializer' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException:
> Unable to load DLL 'System.Net.Http.Native': The specified module or one of
> its dependencies could not be found.

It says it can’t load a dynamic shared library, so where is it looking
for libraries in both cases?