all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Load color-theme in init.el
@ 2012-07-21 16:12 Patrick Wang
From: Patrick Wang @ 2012-07-21 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I am using emacs 24.1.1 on Mac OS X Lion. I installed color-theme via emacs package and try to load a color theme in init.el. Therefore I added following lines into my init.el

 (require 'color-theme)
 (setq color-theme-is-global t)
 (color-theme-tty-dark)

However, after I restarted emacs, I got an error message "File error: Cannot open load file, color-theme," and color scheme wasn't changed.

It seems that init.el is evaluated before packages are loaded. If I evaluate init.el using "eval-buffer" after emacs is launched, color-theme can be found and color will be changed.

Can anyone give me a hand? Thanks!

Patrick