Ah, yes, I had left in the first `frame = Qnil;`. Oops! Sorry for the noise. Thanks On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 2:00 AM, martin rudalics wrote: > > I think there might be another problem with the patch though. There > seems > > to be a problem when setting `x-gtk-use-system-tooltips` variable to nil. > > > > I think that `x-show-tip` respects this variable with > > > > `if (x_gtk_use_system_tooltips)` > > > > but `x-hide-tip` does not. So, the tooltip is created but can't be > > destroyed. > > The patch wouldn't change anything in this regard. The tooltip will be > destroyed as with any other toolkit. On Emacs-26 you can alternatively > hide it via ‘tooltip-reuse-hidden-frame’. > > martin > >