On 13 June 2013 02:43, Kelly Dean wrote: > Michael Heerdegen wrote: > >I often do C-y M-y M-y ... like most of us, I think. > >Currently, if you `undo' after that, each of the M-y's are undone > >separately. > [...] > >I would suggest that undo simply undoes until before the first yank. > > I agree. I think if you put an undo boundary before yank, and before any > change besides yank-pop that follows yank, but don't put one before > yank-pop, then when undoing and redoing, it would act like the text > insertion done by the last yank-pop was the only thing that happened. > > Andreas Schwab wrote: > >You can always redo if you overshot. > > Yes, but having to undo through all the yank-pop events in the first place > is annoying when you only did them for the purpose of reviewing the last > few items on the ring, and didn't intend to leave the text inserted. And if > you overshoot while doing yank-pop, you don't need undo to go back anyway, > since you can use a negative arg with yank-pop (which I do so often that I > have a yank-pop-rev command that does that, with a dedicated key chord > bound to it) Uh huh. IMO there should be such a keychord by default and it should be short and advertised.