On Mon, 14 Jan 2019, 15:40 Eli Zaretskii > From: Richard Copley > > Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 16:00:23 +0000 > > Cc: 34059@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 at 15:17, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > > > > > From: Richard Copley > > > > Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 13:04:05 +0000 > > > > > > > > Emacs sometimes hangs on typing quit, on MS-Windows. > > > > > > Thanks, but if you can, please provide more details about what was > > > Emacs doing when this happens. > > > > I'm not sure exactly, sorry. I would have been reading console output > > from a process in a compilation-mode buffer, and using git via magit, > > around the time. > > Any chance you could recollect why did you type C-g while at that? > Not really. I had invoked M-x recompile, and didn't immediately see results in the compilation-mode buffer. That's not a compelling reason to type C-g so I suppose I had done something else too. The file I was editing/compiling wasn't saved (I recovered it from a stale autosave later). I don't remember whether I saw the "Save file %s? (...)" question, nor whether I had answered it if so. (I mention this in case it's a useful clue. Probably not.) > The message says "I'll send another report if and when I catch another hang". > > I've found one, possibly two more places where we could QUIT while > holding a critical section. I cannot know if they were part of your > hang, but I went ahead and fixed them on the emacs-26 branch. Let's > see if they stop these hangs from happening. > Great, thanks. Let's see.