all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* cc-mode parsing infinite loop
@ 2017-10-27  2:20 Aarón Bueno Villares
From: Aarón Bueno Villares @ 2017-10-27  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

See that question:

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/36423/emacs-hangs-on-c-mode-when-writting-the-character

I was looking at cc-engine.el source code but it was impossible to me to
find anything.

* Re: cc-mode parsing infinite loop
@ 2017-10-27  7:28 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2017-10-27  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aarón Bueno Villares; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Aarón Bueno Villares <abv150ci@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 04:20:54 +0200
>
> See that question:
>
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/36423/emacs-hangs-on-c-mode-when-writting-the-character
>
> I was looking at cc-engine.el source code but it was impossible to me to find anything.

In what version of Emacs do you see this?  And what is the recipe to
reproduce the problem, starting from "emacs -Q"?  I tried to reproduce
in Emacs 25.2 and in the current pretest of Emacs 26, and couldn't,
but maybe I misunderstood the recipe (which was never stated
explicitly, AFAICT).

Also, we'd prefer to have bugs reported using "M-x report-emacs-bug",
they are recorded by our issue tracker and resent into a separate
mailing list, meant for fixing bugs, bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.

Thanks.

* Re: cc-mode parsing infinite loop
@ 2017-10-27  7:36   ` Richard Copley
From: Richard Copley @ 2017-10-27  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Aarón Bueno Villares, Emacs Development

On 27 October 2017 at 08:28, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>> From: Aarón Bueno Villares <abv150ci@gmail.com>
>> Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 04:20:54 +0200
>>
>> See that question:
>>
>> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/36423/emacs-hangs-on-c-mode-when-writting-the-character
>>
>> I was looking at cc-engine.el source code but it was impossible to me to find anything.
>
> In what version of Emacs do you see this?  And what is the recipe to
> reproduce the problem, starting from "emacs -Q"?  I tried to reproduce
> in Emacs 25.2 and in the current pretest of Emacs 26, and couldn't,
> but maybe I misunderstood the recipe (which was never stated
> explicitly, AFAICT).
>
> Also, we'd prefer to have bugs reported using "M-x report-emacs-bug",
> they are recorded by our issue tracker and resent into a separate
> mailing list, meant for fixing bugs, bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.

I have reproduced and reported the bug here:
<https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29024>.
I was about to reply here, but you beat me to it.

Also, I just realised my report is a duplicate of
<https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28926>.
I'll merge them.

Thanks.