On Thu, 30 May 2019 at 19:43, Eli Zaretskii wrote: We need to augment nt/mingw-cfg.site to bypass pthread_sigmask, there are already some settings there to that effect, we need to adapt them to this Gnulib change. Maybe try adding this line to mingw-cfg.site: gl_cv_func_pthread_sigmask_macro=no Yes, that works. (The build succeeds and no pthread_sigmask.o is generated.) I'm impressed, thanks. If that doesn't help, please show the relevant parts of your config.log. Anything that matches "pthread". (On my box the problem doesn't happen because I don't have the pthread.h header polluting my system.) One package's pollution is another's prerequisite. Easily eradicated: pacman -R ${MINGW_PACKAGE_PREFIX}-libwinpthread-git