On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 at 01:52, Roland Winkler wrote: > On Mon Oct 28 2019 Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > > Do you have an example .bib file that can be used to reproduce this bug? > > I can, indeed, reproduce this with `emacs -Q', setting > enable-local-variables to nil and then loading any BibTeX file. > > Yet it is not clear to me what is the proper solution for this. > > Currently, bibtex-mode makes bibtex-set-dialect an element of > hack-local-variables-hook. This hook is called only if > enable-local-variables is non-nil. Of course, bibtex-mode could > call bibtex-set-dialect directly if enable-local-variables is nil. > Yet I guess that enable-local-variables being nil may break more > things if hack-local-variables-hook is not called. Did you have something in mind? I don't see how it might break anything for BibTeX mode. If it breaks something elsewhere, that is a separate bug. > If nothing else, we could mention in the docstring of > hack-local-variables-hook that this hook is not called if > enable-local-variables is nil. Perhaps, but it is clear from the existing docstring ("[...] run after processing a file’s local variables specs"), in my opinion.