Sorry for the thread necromancy. What do I need to do for inclusion in GNU ELPA? On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM, chad wrote: > On 09 Jul 2014, at 20:59, Matt DeBoard wrote: > > > As regarding inclusion in GNU ELPA, I'm just a caretaker for the > > project on behalf of the Elixir-lang people, but as it's already in > > MELPA I'm sure it's fine. > > I would go a step further than Stefan and say that MELPA is basically the > archetype of not-fine in this domain: finding a package in MELPA means, > basically "someone, somewhere, wrote some code that might do something, in > some of the versions I've had at some point". Finding a package in GNU ELPA > (or a handful of other elpa repositories) adds things like "this version > should actually do what's written on the tin" to potentially-interesting > properties like "copyrights already assigned" and "can be fixed by > interested emacs maintainers". > > I hope that helps, > ~Chad > >