I've worked with a few other profilers than profiler.el so far and one striking difference is that they allowed you to start a profiling run, stop it and then retrieve the profiling log between these two points in time. profiler.el on the other hand flatout refuses to display a report after stopping which is especially puzzling given the `profiler-stop` docstring: "Stop started profilers. Profiler logs will be kept." If the logs are kept after all, why can't I take a look at them? I've attached a patch that solves this by caching the last accessable profiler log. This allows both workflows to work, be it displaying a report while the profiler is still running or displaying it after stopping the profiler.