all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#69255: possible bug in wget
@ 2024-02-18 18:52 Robert Boyer
From: Robert Boyer @ 2024-02-18 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 69255; +Cc: rms

I tried and failed again using report-emacs-bug because my mailer on my
Chromebook bounced it back to
me again, saying

     bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
       Mailing to remote domains not supported

So here, finally, is my query/problem about wget.

It is probably a bug in wget that the command

  wget
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OEYqc7wmGjUtj7Hhy_3QmOS23yJ4Izaf/view?usp=sharing

gets a file that is full of html noise, rather than the intended file
ms.lisp, which is an ordinary text file of Common Lisp.

If I use the same url in the search window of my Chrome browser, I get the
'right stuff', at least as is revealed if I use the 'text editor' option.

I am using a $100 Lenovo Chromebook.  It may well have been made in China,
which sometimes blocks people from using the internet as we know it.

Thanks,

Bob

--
Anything I seem to state should be taken as a question.  I am at least 77
and feeble.