I tried and failed again using report-emacs-bug because my mailer on my Chromebook bounced it back to me again, saying A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org Mailing to remote domains not supported So here, finally, is my query/problem about wget. It is probably a bug in wget that the command wget https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OEYqc7wmGjUtj7Hhy_3QmOS23yJ4Izaf/view?usp=sharing gets a file that is full of html noise, rather than the intended file ms.lisp, which is an ordinary text file of Common Lisp. If I use the same url in the search window of my Chrome browser, I get the 'right stuff', at least as is revealed if I use the 'text editor' option. I am using a $100 Lenovo Chromebook. It may well have been made in China, which sometimes blocks people from using the internet as we know it. Thanks, Bob -- Anything I seem to state should be taken as a question. I am at least 77 and feeble.