On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 2:09 PM, martin rudalics wrote: >> (No, but soon, hopefully.) > > Please do that. We might need it. I sent the email last week, so it's beyond my control :-) >> I've attached the patch with a suggested ChangeLog entry (though of >> course you should change it to your own name). > > Thinking about this twice: Could you please also send a patch that's > based on your earlier proposal, namely to "skip the hints in > maximized/fullscreen state if wm_supports(net_wm_state) || > wm_supports(net_wm_state_fullscreen), it might be KWin" and leaves out > any of the changes I proposed. I think it would be cleaner and not > change anything for KWin users who apparently are happy with the current > state of affairs. Attached. I feel a bit uneasy about making wm_supports a global symbol, maybe it should be x_wm_supports? In any case, please do let me know what else needs changing and I'll be happy to do it. Thanks again!