Hi Eli, Thanks for the comments! >Can you elaborate why you needed to select it? Emacs has commands to >scroll non-selected windows, you should be able to view the >compilation log without the need to select its window. In almost all my byte-compile, warnings like "Warning: assignment to free variable...", "Warning: the function ‘foo’ might not be defined at runtime", and etc. occur. Warnings and Errors have Emacs display the *Compile-log* buffer (this is the default behavior). I usually ignores this kind of warnings, so I just move focus to the *Compile-log* buffer window, bury it (keybind "q" by default), and then I can restore the original window configuration. I want to skip the step to move focus to the *Compile-log* buffer window.