all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Dan Hitt <dan.hitt@gmail.com>
To: Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com>
Cc: Help Gnu Emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
	Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se>
Subject: Re: EShell Alias for a 'cd' followed by 'ls'
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 20:43:35 -0800	[thread overview]

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 8:11 PM Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> wrote:

> Have not found it useful.  Have tried the following.
>
> alias cl 'cd $* && ls $*'

Actually, it looks like it should be:

alias cl 'cd $* ; ls'

That works for me, and has the very surprising benefit that it propagates
to all shells running in emacs, as well as working in new emacses started
separately from the original one.

So some pretty powerful, heady stuff.

Thanks Stefan for pointing out the path.

dan