On 28 June 2017 at 22:45, Reuben Thomas wrote: > > On 31 December 2016 at 08:41, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > >> > From: Reuben Thomas >> > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 00:19:21 +0000 >> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii , martin rudalics , >> 18133@debbugs.gnu.org >> > >> > Thanks, Juri; can you converge with Eli, and then I'll have a coherent >> proposal I can program? >> >> I'm okay with Juri's approach as well. >> > > ​Here is a patch that attempts to implement Juri's approach.​ > > ​However, at the moment it doesn't work. I think the problem is to do with > combining process filters. As suggested in the Emacs manual, I use > add-function to combine the new process filter with the default > comint-output-filter. But no matter what I try, the original filter does > not seem to be run any more, even if I pass a trivial function to > add-function. I've studied the documentation, and I can't see what I'm > doing wrong. > ​ S ​orry, my diagnosis above is nonsense. The output is indeed being inserted in the buffer; the problem is with the display of the buffer when async-shell-command-display-buffer is set to nil. I will have another look. ​ -- https://rrt.sc3d.org