On Sun, 8 Sept 2024 at 15:21, martin rudalics wrote: > >> > >> Do you get an assertion failure already before the C-x 5 2? > > > > No. > > Thanks. Did you ever get an assertion failure for the original frame? > I don't think so, no. If not, then we should try to understand why not. Please with pristine > master replace the initial assignment of 'frame-size-history' in frame.c > from > > frame_size_history = Qnil; > > to > > frame_size_history = Fcons (make_fixnum (100), Qnil); > > start Emacs -Q and tell me the contents of the *frame-size-history* > buffer. There isn't one. > Can you try not using any scaling experimentally? Jan always complained > that GTK does not handle scaling orderly (that is, in our sense). > I changed scaling to 100%, and it doesn't make any difference. Thanks for the explanations of the other points. -- https://rrt.sc3d.org