On 15 September 2014 at 12:06, Reuben Thomas wrote: > > Obviously, it would be nice if upstream enchant could be made to add this > functionality in the pipe mode: since it's already implemented in > libenchant, that should be easy. > ​On further reflection, this seemed the best route to take, so anyone interested in this bug may be interested in my patch to enchant that implements this: https://github.com/AbiWord/enchant/pull/7 This has the advantages that it was simpler to program than libenchant support in Emacs, allows other ispell-compatible programs to use enchant for spelling, and will mean that most functionality should work in Emacs without patching. If the pull-request is accepted by the enchant maintainers, I will add aspell's "replace for this session" command "$$ra"; this will require me to add support to ispell to detect a new enough enchant and use this feature as it would with aspell. -- http://rrt.sc3d.org