On 20 December 2016 at 19:37, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Reuben Thomas > > Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 18:42:05 +0000 > > Cc: 25230@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > > ​No, because my patch does not change the current behaviour of the > code. The assumption that > > [:alpha:] is OK to use here instead of A-Za-z is already in the code.​ > > > > Can you point out where in the code you see that assumption? > > > > The current code in about line 1300 (ispell-set-spellchecker-params) > unconditionally overrides all the built-in > > dictionaries' values for casechars and not-casechars with [:alpha:] in > the loop that starts > > > > (dolist (adict ispell-dictionary-alist) …) > > That's the place where you suggested to keep the original values. I > thought there were other places, but it's good to know there are none. > ​I believe not, indeed.​ > I think so, but we should make sure the hard-wired values work with > > Aspell, before we make that change. If they don't, we should provide > > something that works for Aspell. > > > > ​I thought the hard-wired values were only for ispell dictionaries (for > aspell, the dictionaries are searched for on > > the computer)… > > But if we find that an installed dictionary is one of those in the > data base of the hard-wired values, we use those values, right? > ​No, for aspell, we should only be using aspell dictionaries (found by ispell-find-aspell-dictionaries).​ > Because AFAIK Aspell provides only one of the 3 character sets we need > in its dictionaries, the other 2 need to be somehow guessed or > provided by the user. > ​They are guessed as [:alpha:], because we don't have better information (that I know of). -- http://rrt.sc3d.org