On 10 December 2012 23:34, Juri Linkov wrote: > > I just repeated the experiment with a built of the default branch of > emacs, > > and obtained the same results. > > It seems we can do nothing to fix this. `ispell-aspell-find-dictionary' > reads the ispell data from /usr/lib/aspell/en.dat that contains > > name en > charset iso8859-1 > special ' -*- > soundslike en > affix en > #repl-table en_affix.dat > > where `special' defines just a straight quote. > Support for curly quotes in aspell appears to be partial and unreleased, but Debian currently packages an unreleased version with this support; see: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=533378 Hence, the support does exist, and, as I reported above, it works fine when using ispell-buffer; it's only with flyspell that it doesn't work.