On 31 October 2012 15:20, Reuben Thomas wrote: > Thanks very much for the details. I shall investigate; in particular, I > believe that I was told that I didn't need the customization any longer > before and found that to be false, but it's certainly worth another look. > I have switched to the built-in "british" setting for ispell-local-dictionary, and when I now try to ispell-buffer the file for which I reported the bug I get an alignment error: ispell-process-line: Ispell misalignment: word `dnl' point 1227; probably incompatible versions If I ispell-word the word that before seemed to pass the check, it is queried as expected. -- http://rrt.sc3d.org