On 9 October 2016 at 08:05, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Reuben Thomas > > Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 23:08:51 +0100 > > Cc: 24640@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > ​In frame #0, the code reads: > > > > if (XMISCANY (obj)->gcmarkbit) > > break; > > > > at this point obj is 33, XMISCANY(obj) is 20, and gdb tells me "Cannot > access memory at address 0x20". > > What do the following commands say in that frame #0: > > (gdb) p obj > (gdb) xtype > (gdb) p obj $3 = 33 (gdb) xtype Lisp_Misc Cannot access memory at address 0x20​ The only efficient way to speed up debugging (or rather to make sure > it succeeds at all) is for you to come up with a reproducible recipe > and post here all the files needed for reproducing the crashes. > ​That would seem to require me to bisect my .desktop and potentially post dozens of personal files, so doesn't seem feasible.​ I thought it might be faster for you to drive a debugging session live than to engage in back-and-forth by email. From what I see in the backtraces, your setup fires a timer that runs > some complicated Lisp, and that Lisp somehow corrupts some Lisp > objects, which then cause crashes during GC. ​You make it sound as though this is some arcane personal setup, when in fact I am simply using desktop.el! And the first step is > to stop using an optimized build, because it makes debugging much > harder if not impossible. > I'll see if, having rebuilt from source without optimisation, the bug still fires.​ If you are willing to try the debugging yourself, there's some advice > in etc/DEBUG (search for "Debugging problems which happen in GC"). > ​I'll have a look.​ > Do I understand correctly that this worked for you with Emacs 24.5? > ​Yes, the identical setup loads fine in 24.5. I've never seen this sort of crash before.​ -- http://rrt.sc3d.org