On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 at 11:39, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > > I think adding "MODES or their aliases" was a bit superfluous -- I think > it should be self-evident that that's what's meant here. I didn't > remove that bit from the doc string, but I think adding it to > derived-mode-p isn't all that helpful. > I agree, but I think it should be consistent between the two functions, otherwise it looks as though they work differently. (If one is reading only the docstrings, not looking at the code.) -- https://rrt.sc3d.org