On 10 August 2014 19:26, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > I'd prefer that all the changes for such a build be committed at once > together, not bit by bit, and only if you eventually succeed to > produce a working binary using this method. > Sorry, I was trying to separate my patch into parts with different implications (e.g. no effect on the current DOS build system; some effect on that system but not more generally; more general changes); but instead I'll concentrate on producing a single patch that, as you say, results in a working binary. > > I think you're also saying that I should test both HAVE_SELECT && > > HAVE_SYS_SELECT_H therefore? > > Yes, at the very least. Noted. > But let's delay this until you have gone all > the way to building Emacs using this method. We won't know all of the > implications until you do. > Sure, OK. I am closing this bug; since you diagnosed my other patch submission as a more general bug in configuration, I'll look into a fix for it at that level. -- http://rrt.sc3d.org