On Fri, 29 Apr 2022 at 13:38, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > > Anyway, I agree that `M-TAB' is a bad choice for a key binding this > days, since many of the window systems out there steal the key, and > therefore an important thing like completion doesn't work logically out > of the box for many people. > Indeed, it won't work for most potential new users. > `C-TAB' is free, of course, but doesn't work on terminals, and I guess > the same is the case with all other modifier+TAB combinations. So I > don't know what we could do -- we could bind `C-TAB' for the GUI people, > for instance? > C-TAB is a good choice for a binding that won't conflict with the environment, as it's widely used by other programs for "switch tab", so it's unlikely that any window manager would steal it by default. -- https://rrt.sc3d.org