On 10 November 2016 at 17:38, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > >> I could add a parameter to dired-mark-unmarked-files, case-fold-p, defaulting to nil, which would be set by its >> current callers. But I think you are saying that this change to the behavior of dired-omit-mode, which I have >> suggested does not need a new preference, should indeed have a new preference, so I can add that too. I >> think, though, that it should default to `t', i.e. dired-omit-mode behaving case-sensitively by default. > > Sounds like a good compromise. I agree about the default, except that > it should default to case-insensitive matches on case-insensitive > filesystems (Windows etc.) I have now implemented this (apologies for the delay). I attach revised patches. -- http://rrt.sc3d.org