On 6 September 2018 at 20:53, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Reuben Thomas > > Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 20:37:04 +0100 > > Cc: 32651@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > There are valid use cases where the current behavior is what the users > > want (e.g., "And and" at the beginning of a sentence). So we could > > introduce an option to do what you want, but I don't think we can > > change the default behavior unconditionally. > > > > I am suggesting the above example is not a valid use case, because it's > unlikely that someone would type > > that by mistake; rather, it's typing the same identical word twice that > is the common error. > > I don't understand how you conclude that these are not valid use > cases. E.g., I could have a mode turned on that automatically > capitalizes words at the beginning of each sentence, in which case > typing "and "and" will produce "And and". And that is just an example > based on 5 sec of thought. > And I don't understand how, just because you can think of an example, that makes the current behaviour a good default! I think we'll have to disagree. I would be happy with a preference, of course. -- https://rrt.sc3d.org