On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 11:51 AM, suvayu ali wrote: > On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Shiyuan wrote: > >>(add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list > >> > >> >(expand-file-name "/opt/share/info")) > >> > > According to http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/InfoPath, > > Info-default-directory-list will not be used if INFOPATH is defined but > > Info-directory-list should always be defined and used. But How comes I > > cannot see it? Thanks. > > Then try something like this very early in your init file instead: > > (setenv "INFOPATH" "/opt/share/info:$INFOPATH" t) > By adding this line, the correct location of the info files are in the Info-directory-list. However, I sill could not find the node AUCTeX under emacs info mode. And it cannot be located by C-h i m auctex. Is it hidding deep down some other nodes. But I can see the info by using the linux command line: info auctex. Thanks.