all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Projectile for multiple projects
@ 2014-11-26  1:07 Shiyuan
From: Shiyuan @ 2014-11-26  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,
     ` helm-projectile-find-file` seems only find files  in the current
project.  Say that I want to open a file in one of the projects in the
known-project list, I need to switch to each project and run
helm-projectile-find-file for each project. If there are three or more
projects in the known-project list, my way is not efficient.   Is there an
easier way? Thanks.

Shiyuan

* Re: Projectile for multiple projects
@ 2014-11-26  8:20 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2014-11-26  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shiyuan; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Shiyuan <gshy2014@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Shiyuan,

>      ` helm-projectile-find-file` seems only find files  in the current
> project.  Say that I want to open a file in one of the projects in the
> known-project list, I need to switch to each project and run
> helm-projectile-find-file for each project. If there are three or more
> projects in the known-project list, my way is not efficient.   Is there an
> easier way?

Is `helm-projectile-find-file-in-known-projects' not exactly what you
are looking for?

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Projectile for multiple projects
@ 2014-11-26 18:49   ` Shiyuan
From: Shiyuan @ 2014-11-26 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shiyuan, help-gnu-emacs

Yes, That's exactly what I am looking for. Thanks.

@ 2014-11-26 20:27     ` Shiyuan
From: Shiyuan @ 2014-11-26 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,
    I notice that the projectile-known-projects doesn't recognize a
directory as a project even if the directory has an empty .projectile in it
and the current emacs session has  a buffer open for the .projectile file.
Is there a convenient function which can manually add a directory to the
projectile-known-projects? Thanks.

Shiyuan

@ 2014-11-28 23:29   ` Shiyuan
From: Shiyuan @ 2014-11-28 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shiyuan, help-gnu-emacs

Also, is it an easy way to run grep for the all known projects?
helm-projectile-grep seems only run for the current highlighted project.