all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* GNU Package Repositories
@ 2017-03-26  0:16 M. R.P.
From: M. R.P. @ 2017-03-26  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is their a way to List a Comprehensive list of GNU software packages in
Emacs Like the List packages for emacs packages?

* Re: GNU Package Repositories
@ 2017-03-26  0:38 ` John Mastro
From: John Mastro @ 2017-03-26  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org; +Cc: M. R.P.

M. R.P. <wintermute24x7@icloud.com> wrote:
> Is their a way to List a Comprehensive list of GNU software packages in
> Emacs Like the List packages for emacs packages?

This is perhaps not what you mean, but my first thought was:

    M-x eww RET https://www.gnu.org/software/software.en.html RET

That page contains the official list of all GNU software packages, but of
course you can't install/upgrade/remove the packages from there. For that, you
would need an Emacs package that integrates with your system's package
manager[1] (or use said package manager directly from `M-x shell').

[1] Such packages do seem to exist, e.g. https://github.com/cgroza/Emacs-apt

        John

* Re: GNU Package Repositories
@ 2017-03-30 18:24 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2017-03-30 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

M. R.P. wrote:

> Is their a way to List a Comprehensive list
> of GNU software packages in Emacs Like the
> List packages for emacs packages?

The GNU ELPA? N.B., one of many elpas...

(package-initialize)

;; ...

(defun elpas ()
  (interactive)