Hi Glenn, I manually changed my emacs lisp sources, so I can't reproduce it now with emacs -Q. Anyway in *scratch* buffer, it was like (where '|' marks cursor position): 1) With current newcomment.el (December 2013): (foo ; bar |baz M-j => (foo ; bar baz 2) With previous newcomment.el (March 2013): (foo ; bar |baz M-j => (foo ; bar ; baz Hope that helps and thanks for taking care, Frank On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Glenn Morris wrote: > > Thanks for the report, but please give us a complete example starting > from `emacs -Q' that shows exactly what the issue is. >