I am sorry but I do not see the problem on my end. Here they look composed as intended. I have attached a screenshot, please check whether it matches your output. On Sun, May 15, 2022 at 11:46 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh > > Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 05:17:07 +0530 > > Cc: 55370@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > I have updated the patch. > > > > 1. Wherever the nasal signs are not in range, I have not included them > in a composition rule if they appear > > alone with a character and left them up to composite.el. > > For eg in Kaithi > > > > - ;; Nasal vowels > > - (concat independent-vowel nasal "?") > > + ;; Vowel based syllables > > + (concat independent-vowel nukta "?" virama "?" vowel "?") > > > > 2. I have also written composition rules for independent vowels with > nukta, virama, vowel signs etc, so that > > Emacs does not hang when they are typed together. > > > > Please review the patch. > > Thanks. I installed this, but please review the composition rules, > because in the Syloti Nagri greeting some characters whose Unicode > general-category property is Mn, which means they are combining > characters, don't compose. That doesn't feel right to me, but I don't > read this script. Just go through the greeting with C-f and type > "C-u C-x =" at every cursor position: you will see some of the > characters are shown as "combining", but they don't compose with > surrounding characters. > > I didn't look at the other scripts you added, but maybe they, too, > have similar problems. >