On Fri, Jul 5, 2024 at 7:05 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > That regexp is the best heuristic we could come up with that caters to > the various formats of date and time that the various versions of 'ls' > out there produce. It is true that the regexp can be tricked into > mistakes, but we could not find a better solution that supports all > the valid use cases. We use the --dired option of 'ls' when available > precisely for this reason: to allow Dired to determine the file names > reliably. If --dired is not supported, then there will be problems > with certain file names, yes. That is a known limitation, so users > are encouraged to install GNU Coreutils (which is where GNU 'ls' comes > from) to make Dired immune to those problems. > Thank you.