On Sat, Jun 29, 2024, 8:41 AM Spencer Baugh wrote: > On Sat, Jun 29, 2024, 8:21 AM João Távora wrote: > >> On Sat, Jun 29, 2024 at 1:17 PM Dmitry Gutov wrote: >> >> > Either way, it might make sense for Eglot to check out that project.el's >> > variable and choose the format accordingly. >> >> Yes, and that's what the proposed eglot-mlf-project-maybe element to >> the custom variable eglot-mode-line-format would do. >> > > In the new variable, I think eglot-mlf-project-maybe should be the > default, since it's essentially always the better behavior. > > If you agree it should be the default in the future customizable variable, > can we just make the change now when it's not customizable? > Or, here's an alternative idea, more aggressive: What if Eglot just sets project-mode-line=t in eglot-managed buffers, and removes the project-name from the Eglot entry entirely? Then the language identifier would be the major mode, the project identifier would be project-mode-line, and the eglot status indicator would just be for the status of the server. >