HI Eli, there's nothing wrong, really. The thing is that you may want to change it just for one call of format-time-string (or at least I wanted it) without having to change it permanently. BTW am I missing something .. would your let just change the value of system-time-locale in the body of the let and then restore it to its original value? /PA Best, /PA On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 at 18:38, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez > > Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 07:37:56 +0200 > > Cc: Eli Zaretskii , 58193@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > On that side good. On the other hand, I still think that a macro only > controlling the system-locale for the time > > functions may be useful despite, I admit, being somehow redundant. My > feeling is that many of the settings > > changed in with-locale-environment don't need to be changed for > format-time-string. > > What's wrong with > > (let ((system-time-local SOME-LOCALE)) > DO-SOMETHING) > > > Digression: What about adding a third (optional) parameter to > format-time-string to set the locale for a > > specific call? > > How is that different from > > (let ((system-time-local SOME-LOCALE)) > (format-time-string ....)) > > -- Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden, Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden Georg Kreisler Headaches with a Juju log: unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet