all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* noob question regarding refcard
@ 2020-03-21 12:22 Daniel Harris via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Daniel Harris via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2020-03-21 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello Everyboby

Just a quick question.  Is there a text or org-mode version of the GNU
Emacs Reference Card.  Obviously i can find the tex and pdf versions but i
just want a simple clean version to load in a separate window.

Thanks

Dan

* Re: noob question regarding refcard
@ 2020-03-22  9:40 ` Dieter Klünter
From: Dieter Klünter @ 2020-03-22  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: Daniel Harris

Am Sat, 21 Mar 2020 12:22:30 +0000
schrieb Daniel Harris via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>:

> Hello Everyboby
>
> Just a quick question.  Is there a text or org-mode version of the GNU
> Emacs Reference Card.  Obviously i can find the tex and pdf versions
> but i just want a simple clean version to load in a separate window.

quick answer
http://wikemacs.org/wiki/Docview

-Dieter
--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://sys4.de

* Re: noob question regarding refcard
@ 2020-03-23 21:40   ` Daniel Harris via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Daniel Harris via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2020-03-23 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dieter Klünter; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 9:40 AM Dieter Klünter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:

> Am Sat, 21 Mar 2020 12:22:30 +0000
> schrieb Daniel Harris via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>:
>
> > Hello Everyboby
> >
> > Just a quick question.  Is there a text or org-mode version of the GNU
> > Emacs Reference Card.  Obviously i can find the tex and pdf versions
> > but i just want a simple clean version to load in a separate window.
>
> quick answer
> http://wikemacs.org/wiki/Docview

Thanks for the reply.  I knew how to load the pdf file but i just wanted
the emacs refcard in text or org format that was quicker to search.  The
pdf version was just harder to search.

I made it myself in the end from the refcard.tex as it was good practice
using find and replace.

Dan

 (sorry for the late reply.  The message went to my span folder by mistake)

* Re: noob question regarding refcard
@ 2020-04-08 14:39     ` Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro @ 2020-04-08 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Harris via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor