Ok, thanks. On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 10:51 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Tipo Jo > > Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 13:32:15 +0800 > > > > I know that window->contents is the buffer should be shown in window. > The redisplay code use > > current_matrix and desired_matrix as the content should be shown. > > So what's the relationship between contents and those matrices? How does > emacs create the two matrices > > from window->contents? > > Some of this is described in the large comment at the beginning of the > file xdisp.c. I suggest to read that, and if you have follow-up > questions, ask them here. >