Dear Matt, I confirm that it works fine on Emacs-27.1 Thanks for the verification. Filippo On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 1:30 AM Matt Armstrong wrote: > Filippo Marini writes: > > > > To recreate this problem you could clone my repo > > > > https://github.com/FilMarini/FPGA_CDR_core > > > > and open a *.vhd file placed in src/hdl > > > >From there > > > > * open the speedbar > > * select Speedbar > Displays > VHDL Directories > > > >From there, with the pre-installed vhdl-mode you can not expand the files > > (by typying the '+' symbol at the beginning of every file name), while if > > you install vhdl-mode from source, the file expands as it is supposed to. > > > > I will attach a screenshot on how the expansion should look like with > > vhdl-mode > > > > Thank you, > > sorry again for the late reply. > > > > Filippo > > Hi Filippo, > > I verified that both Emacs 27.1 and the current Emacs mainline (future > Emacs 28) operate properly. They can produce images similar to your > attached screenshot after following your instructions. I have no way to > conveniently try this on Emacs 26.3. > > I verified this with "emacs -Q", which runs without any of my local > configuration. Did you try it that way? > > If you can conveniently run a newer version of Emacs, you might try > that. > > I suggest we close this bug, unless Lars things fixing it in Emacs 26 is > worth the effort. >