all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Edit Google Drive docs from Emacs?
@ 2017-06-27  0:29 Skip Montanaro
From: Skip Montanaro @ 2017-06-27  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I wonder if there is some capability (something similar in flavor to
Tramp, for instance) which would allow me to edit files in Google
Drive. I'm on Ubuntu 16.04LTS using GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (/usr/bin/emacs
on my system). I just want to edit simple text files for now.

Thanks,

Skip

* Re: Edit Google Drive docs from Emacs?
@ 2017-06-27  6:06 ` Aleksandar Simic
From: Aleksandar Simic @ 2017-06-27  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Skip Montanaro; +Cc: Help GNU Emacs

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I wonder if there is some capability (something similar in flavor to
> Tramp, for instance) which would allow me to edit files in Google
> Drive. I'm on Ubuntu 16.04LTS using GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (/usr/bin/emacs
> on my system). I just want to edit simple text files for now.

See the Tramp documentation here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/tramp/#GVFS-based-methods

In particular look for 'gdrive' under the linked section.

Then see this repo, which I got from EmacsWiki. It's meant to be the fork
of the original googlecl, which now uses OAuth2 for authentication:

https://github.com/vinitkumar/googlecl

Alex

* Re: Edit Google Drive docs from Emacs?
@ 2017-06-27  7:25   ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2017-06-27  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aleksandar Simic; +Cc: Skip Montanaro, Help GNU Emacs

Aleksandar Simic <asimic@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I wonder if there is some capability (something similar in flavor to
>> Tramp, for instance) which would allow me to edit files in Google
>> Drive. I'm on Ubuntu 16.04LTS using GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (/usr/bin/emacs
>> on my system). I just want to edit simple text files for now.
>>

> See the Tramp documentation here:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/tramp/#GVFS-based-methods
>
> In particular look for 'gdrive' under the linked section.

This is part of Tramp 2.3.1 (or 2.3.2, which will be released later this
week). It shall work with Emacs 24.5, but I haven't tested it heavily in
the 24.5 environment.

> Alex

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Edit Google Drive docs from Emacs?
@ 2017-06-27 11:45     ` Skip Montanaro
From: Skip Montanaro @ 2017-06-27 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: Aleksandar Simic, Help GNU Emacs

>> See the Tramp documentation here:
>>
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/tramp/#GVFS-based-methods
>>
>> In particular look for 'gdrive' under the linked section.
>
> This is part of Tramp 2.3.1 (or 2.3.2, which will be released later this
> week). It shall work with Emacs 24.5, but I haven't tested it heavily in
> the 24.5 environment.

Thanks Alex and Michael. I found that last night and just went ahead
and downloaded/installed 25.2. I didn't quite know what to make of
this statement in the Tramp documentation though:

   These credentials must be populated in your Online Accounts
application outside Emacs.

What is my Online Accounts application? Is this the normal process of
generating an application key in Google Accounts, or is it an
application I have or can install on my system?

@ 2017-06-27 12:44       ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2017-06-27 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Skip Montanaro; +Cc: Aleksandar Simic, Help GNU Emacs

Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Skip,

> Thanks Alex and Michael. I found that last night and just went ahead
> and downloaded/installed 25.2. I didn't quite know what to make of
> this statement in the Tramp documentation though:
>
>    These credentials must be populated in your Online Accounts
> application outside Emacs.
>
> What is my Online Accounts application? Is this the normal process of
> generating an application key in Google Accounts, or is it an
> application I have or can install on my system?

Yes, this is the Online Accounts. I've tested all the Google Drive Tramp
implementation on Ubuntu 16.04, the same you run.

> Skip

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Edit Google Drive docs from Emacs?
@ 2017-06-29 14:57 ` Kendall Shaw
From: Kendall Shaw @ 2017-06-29 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 06/26/2017 05:29 PM, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> I wonder if there is some capability (something similar in flavor to
> Tramp, for instance) which would allow me to edit files in Google
> Drive. I'm on Ubuntu 16.04LTS using GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (/usr/bin/emacs
> on my system). I just want to edit simple text files for now.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Skip

A possible alternative is to mount the google drive and treat it as a
filesystem. googledrive-ocaml-fuse is one of the programs that mounts
google drive.

Kendall

* Re: Edit Google Drive docs from Emacs?
@ 2017-06-29 14:59   ` Kendall Shaw
From: Kendall Shaw @ 2017-06-29 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 06/29/2017 07:57 AM, Kendall Shaw wrote:

> On 06/26/2017 05:29 PM, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>
>> I wonder if there is some capability (something similar in flavor to
>> Tramp, for instance) which would allow me to edit files in Google
>> Drive. I'm on Ubuntu 16.04LTS using GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (/usr/bin/emacs
>> on my system). I just want to edit simple text files for now.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Skip
>>

> A possible alternative is to mount the google drive and treat it as a
> filesystem. googledrive-ocaml-fuse is one of the programs that mounts
> google drive.

I mean google-drive-ocamlfuse