all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Weird behavior with magit re. frames
@ 2020-05-31  6:19 Jean-Christophe Helary
From: Jean-Christophe Helary @ 2020-05-31  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I found this code

(setq
 display-buffer-alist
      '((
".*" (display-buffer-reuse-window
 display-buffer-same-window))))

from the perspective.el page, at:

https://github.com/nex3/perspective-el#some-musings-on-emacs-window-layouts

For some reason, this very weirdly conflicts with magit when I have 2+ frames with different front facing buffers.

-> in one frame, I do magit-status, stage modifications, and the moment I hit c to commit, the frame is killed, I am moved to the other frame and magit tells me that there is nothing staged in the new frame, do I want to commit everything ?

I don't know how to reproduce that in emacs -Q because I don't know how to load magit from emacs -Q, so it's probably only my system, but I'd like to know if it is reproduced on other machines. If it is, it should be reported as a magit bug I guess.

Thank you in advance.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com