all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#6084: Flymake should check if buffer-file-name is nil
@ 2010-05-03  0:55 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2010-05-03  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: 6084

Should not flymake check if there is a buffer-file-name when it is
turned on? The whole structure of it assumes there is a buffer file
name.

Please add a check at the beginning of flymake-mode, but just give a
message and turn of flymake-mode. Giving an error would be rather bad
since flymake-mode is often turned on in a major mode hook.

* bug#6084: Flymake should check if buffer-file-name is nil
@ 2011-07-02 22:56 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-07-02 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: 6084

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> Should not flymake check if there is a buffer-file-name when it is
> turned on? The whole structure of it assumes there is a buffer file
> name.
>
> Please add a check at the beginning of flymake-mode, but just give a
> message and turn of flymake-mode. Giving an error would be rather bad
> since flymake-mode is often turned on in a major mode hook.

I've now added this check to Emacs 24.

* bug#6084: Flymake should check if buffer-file-name is nil
@ 2011-07-03  2:15   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-07-03  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: 6084

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 00:56, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

> Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Should not flymake check if there is a buffer-file-name when it is
> > turned on? The whole structure of it assumes there is a buffer file
> > name.
> >
> > Please add a check at the beginning of flymake-mode, but just give a
> > message and turn of flymake-mode. Giving an error would be rather bad
> > since flymake-mode is often turned on in a major mode hook.
>
> I've now added this check to Emacs 24.

Thanks Lars.