On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Richard Stallman wrote: > > We could make an incompatible "simple" interface for Emacs and make it > easy to learn. It could look just like gedit, perhaps. > > It might be better, overall, if gedit were implemented as such an > interface to Emacs. I am not sure it would have been less work, though. > Perhaps it does not matter if it would have been less work in the beginning. Perhaps the long term outcome matters more. > > However, if you change it that much, it won't give people an easy pathway > to using Emacs. Its commands would be all different. > > I see no reason the commands would be different. Not at the beginners level.