Yes, the libraries for those kind of things are good. :-) On Dec 12, 2014 5:24 PM, "Tom" wrote: > Lennart Borgman gmail.com> writes: > > > > Yes, without a search engine you can't search the html pages. (Or, you > > could build an index in JavaScript, but that is a very tough job if > > you want to do something useful.) > > > > With JS libraries, it's not that hard. As a test I created a simple > page to search the Emacs concept index. Just type in the textbox > something emacs related, the completions appear and if you select > one then it takes you to the relevant page of the emacs manual: > > http://emacstest.byethost12.com/ > > The effective code which I wrote for this is about 4 lines > (aside from the index entries array, but I just generated that). > > > >