On Dec 20, 2014 5:47 PM, "Stephen J. Turnbull" wrote: > > Lennart Borgman writes: > > > I think with HTML5 you do not need any package any longer. You just > > write it in HTML5/EcmaScript. (I do these things very often now.) > > If you say so, but a quick look at the current W3C recommendation for > HTML5 doesn't reveal anything like standard AJAX events, just the > now-ancient ones like onclick and so on. I don't think HTML5 has > really changed anything in this respect: if you can do it with HTML5 > you can do it with HTML4. > > It's possible that adding a few lines of Ecmascript per link would do > the trick, but that sounds ugly to say the least. And scripts, being > dynamic and possibly interacting with the network, require > error-handling to be robust. There is AddEventlistener, XMLHttpRequest, etc. The normal way to add something like what I suggested would be to add a class to each link and then use that to add event handlers. Very nice in my opinion.