all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* PHP completion
@ 2012-09-27 12:05 Jimit Modi
From: Jimit Modi @ 2012-09-27 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I used the following method for enabling Php function completion. But I am
unable to find out with which command completion will work.
Till now I have tried following
M - /
ESC TAB
C - a e
But nothing seems to work.

Configure this setting with either M-x customize-variable RET
> php-completion-file RET, or by setting its value in your Emacs
> initialization file (~/.emacs).
> To create a file that can be set for php-completion-file, create with the
> following shell commands with the HTML version of the PHP manual installed
> at /usr/share/doc/php-manual/en/html.
>      $ cd /usr/share/doc/php-manual/en/html
>      $ ls -1 function*.html \
>        | sed -e 's/^function\.\([-a-zA-Z_0-9]*\)\.html/\1/' \
>        | tr - _ \
>        > ~/.emacs.d/php/php-completion-file
> In larger projects or with other specific needs, conventional methods of
> setting these and other variables may be inadequate. As of 2008,
> third-party packages do exist for Emacs to configure Emacs settings on
> groups of files or for directory trees, including dirvars.el.
> M-TAB
> ESC TAB
> C-[ TABComplete function name at point (php-complete-function).
> C-.Show in the minibuffer the argument list for the current function at
> point (php-show-arglist). The argument list is generated by finding and
> jumping to the respective function's location specified in the tag file
> (see above). The argument list is then read and printed to the minibuffer.--

Thanks In Advance.

Jim(y || it)