all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [SOLVED]win 7 where is .emacs
@ 2015-07-27  9:14 Renato Pontefice
From: Renato Pontefice @ 2015-07-27  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

hI,

on my previous message, I've asked on how to find my init.el (.emacs) on a
win 7 pc.

I've solved, with this simple trick:

_____________________________

Slightly trickier way:
You can find out where your system is storing its own .emacs file by:

   1. click options and scroll down to "Set Default Font..."
   2. Change the font setting and click okay
   3. On the options menu, go down to "Save Options"
   4. When the options are saved, the system saves its .emacs file, and *you
   can read the file path* in the minibuffer at the bottom of the emacs
   screen

and now...every things goes well :-)

Renato

* Re: [SOLVED]win 7 where is .emacs
@ 2015-07-27  9:21 ` Pierpaolo Bernardi
From: Pierpaolo Bernardi @ 2015-07-27  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato Pontefice; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Much simpler: just open "~" (type: ctrl-x ctrl-f ~ enter).

(sorry, I didn't see the message where you asked the question)

Cheers