---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Alexander Date: Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:25 PM Subject: Re: bug#9854: Problem with emacs To: Glenn Morris On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Glenn Morris wrote: > Alexander wrote: > > > When I'm working in emacs on various file types ( .cpp, .h ) sometimes > > the text I have just typed does not show as itself but the cursor > > moves forward and the text has in fact been typed into the buffer. > > Perhaps my problem is not clear to the reader; consider an event where > > one types text into any screen with a white background; as the word > > "apple" is typed, only "a " shows up, or a variation thereof with > > corruption and distortion. > > That sounds very odd. > Does this only happen with C mode? > Does it happen if you start emacs with `emacs -Q'? > After it has happened, if you do M-x font-lock-mode, do the missing > characters become visible? > When a character is invisible, please post the results of pressing > C-u C-x = > with point on the invisible character. > I'll try these when I get a chance this week, but I wanted to follow up with you. By "invisible" characters I mean they are indeed there and appear shortly after I move the cursor over them. I think it's a problem with my display manager and the operating system I'm using. Thanks for your response. -- Alexander -- Alexander