Thanks for the information... On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 20:50:28 -0500 Stefan Monnier wrote: > > > What's the difference between LAP and Elisp Bytecode (if that is the > right > > term)? > > LAP stands for Lisp Assembly Program, so I imagine that refers to the > text > > representation. > > IIRC, LAP code is represented as a list (or is it a vector?) where each > instruction is represented by a symbol with some arguments. So it's not > a textual representation, but it's a "symbolic" representation that's > fairly easy to manipulate and with many similarities to traditional > assembly: use of labels instead of actual addresses, use of > pseudo-instructions (e.g. labels), and things like that. > This is the first I am hearing about LAP code being something that is accessible from Lisp. Where are packages that work with LAP?